Monday, June 20, 2005

Genius? ya right...

Ever met a real smart, genius fella but they just can’t get or do something that really basic? I mean real basic like left or right? Or 1 + 1 = 2? Or I’m a guy and she’s a woman? Things like tat? Don’t you find it odd?


I relate this particular odd/weird thing to a friend yesterday afternoon about a genius friend of mine who can’t tell which is left and which is right. That’s right? She can’t tell which of her hand is left and which is right. She has to put her hands up and make an L sign using her index and thumb. If it formed the letter L then she knew its Left. Ingenious innit? And she does that each and every time she needs to know which is Left and which is Right. Then the friend went “You mean her? But she’s a genius! How is it possible?”


Well, it is like this, I long suspected that its part of her way (and other genius like her) to make shmucks like me feels comfortable and not overawed by her geniusness (if there is such a word) and making her entirely human ie approachable. Seriously!

Yeah! Yeah! I love her dearly and she’s like a sister to me but it won’t blind me and stop me from seeing through the ruse. Come on…. It doesn’t make sense. It is so basic it is beyond comprehension. Somebody who watch footie as much as I do (if not more), listen to rock songs as much as I do(rock song suppose to be aint good), talk crap and make stupid jokes as much as I do and study the most around 5 minutes more than I do (and I don’t study ok?) can’t actually score wayyy way better than I can’t it? Well, you’re dead wrong! I like scored 1 A and 2 Bs and 1 C while this girl went to score straight A+ (not any As ok! A plus) and consistently got into the Dean’s list. And She can’t tell Left from Right? Oh!! Puhleaseee….


And this is the same girl who went like did her Masters like a breeze (actually in her own words “me just bumming around doing nuthin and get to watch footie’”) and like now finishing her doctorate well before turning 30. And she can’t tell Left from Right? Yeah right.


Then there’s another friend who just can’t seemed to grasp the offside trap ruling. I mean seriously, OFFSIDE! In footie!!! And He’s a guy!!!!! Yeah he don’t play footie or any sports for that matter (no! golf is not a sport!) but coming from a guy who got his engineering doctorate in his early 30s it’s a bit too far fetched innit?


There is a friend in school, who just can’t seem to do math properly. Everytime there’s an Add Math question this bugger would go to count using his fingers. Seriously! Its just like those small kids learning to count and realized they have 10 of those small twiddly fingers. He will go like 1, 2, 3 on his fingers and went to score perfect 100% each and everytime. Yeah! Yeah! I do that too but that is because of a genuine case of an idiot moment. I’m a total inept in multiplication and I have to multiply any series from the beginning each and everytime. But this bugger do all of these long mathematical formulas etc on his finger and voila! An Answer. And he can’t kick a ball even if his life depended on it. Ugh! *roll eyes upward


There’s another friend of a friend who is doing his doctorate in financial stuff, got a double degree and this guy if you left him alone for 3 days with packs of instant noodles and some cold food will most probably die of starvation. He is that inept in cooking! Yeap! Not even a Maggie mee and you wonder how low can you get eh?


So, the next time you see somebody who is too darn smart and they just can’t get the simplest thing right, don’t not be fooled. They’re faking it. It’s a way for them to make normal people like us feel not too much of a loser and them more human.


Now, if only I can catch them on camera to prove it. Oh shucks! They must have thought what I’m thinking right now haven’t they?…

Darn you geniuses! :P

5 Comments:

Blogger Babe_KL said...

Aiyoh wat happened to yr blog layout la? Sudah lari one??

12:34 PM  
Blogger shookmeallnightlong said...

it looked ok with my Mozilla and ermm.. a wee bit off with IE though (looks wayyy big).

Is it that bad?

well "fix" this later.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Chen said...

err.. Have u ever heard of a condition called "Left-right disorientation"? It is possible leh..

Left-right disorientation describes confusion of the right & left limbs & suggests a lesion in the dominant parietal lobe.

It can be tested by asking the patient to show you their right & then their left hand, and then asking them to touch their left ear with their right hand & vice-versa.

A positive test is indicated by inability to obey these commands in the presence of otherwise normal sensory and motor faculties.

10:24 AM  
Blogger munchkin said...

Hahaha... Point taken, sweetheart. An intelligent person can look bodoh sometimes. But still, it's not nice having someone said you're "full of fluff". And I'm not even BLONDE! Hahahahaha.. Maybe I should colour my hair to play the part, kan? *wink*

11:19 AM  
Blogger shookmeallnightlong said...

chen, ahhhh.. like that ah? oh ok. I'll do this test on my dear genius friend when next I see her.

hmmm... should be interesting....


la... which munchkin pulak ni? oit!!! how many names do we call each other lah? :P

anyway, fluff is good. Between fluffy scrambled eggs and flat ones which do you prefer?

see? fluff is good.... and don't you gatal gatal to colour your hair. not blonde lah but red would be nice. Then can gang with Ronnie.

alaaahh... Ronniee... anak cik timah yang keje dekat McDonalds tuuu. Sekarang tak panggil Ronnie dah, tukor name katenye. Donat? Ronat? tak sangke ye, jadi badut pun boleh glamer.. ntah le.. tak paham makcik

:P

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter